This document describes how we use and process your personal data, hopefully provided in a readable and transparent manner so you can get where we’re coming from without getting bored senseless. As an added bonus, it also tells you how to contact us if you have questions about your personal data, which we’re more than happy to answer. please read the Luxiocollection.com Terms and Conditions.
Luxiocollection.com offers online travel-related services through our own websites and mobile apps, as well as through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media. All the information that follows applies to not one, not two, but all of these platforms. Several platforms, one privacy statement.
This one privacy statement applies to any kind of information we collect through these platforms or other means connected to these platforms (such as contacting our customer service team via email). It makes for a lot less tedious reading.
If you disagree with this Privacy Statement, you should discontinue using our services. If you agree with our Privacy Statement, then you’re all set to book your next Trip through us. Let the good times roll!
What kind of personal data does Luxiocollection.com collect?
We can’t help you book the perfect Trip without information, so when you use our services there are certain pieces of information we ask for. This is pretty basic stuff – your name, preferred contact details, the names of anybody travelling with you and your payment information. You may decide for yourself to submit special requests for your upcoming Trip (for example, certain preferences ). In addition to this, we also collect information from your computer, phone, tablet or other device you are using to access our services. This includes the IP address, the browser you use, and your language settings. There are also situations in which we receive information about you from others or automatically collect other information. This is the basic overview of the information we collect, but if you’d like to know more, we go into a lot more detail below.
Personal data you give to us.
Luxiocollection.com collects and uses information which you provide to us. When you make a Reservation, you are (as a minimum) asked for your name and email address. Depending on the Reservation, we may also ask for your home address, telephone number, payment information, date of birth, the names of any guests traveling with you and any preferences (such as meal preferences and any mobility restrictions) you might have for your Trip.
If you need to get in touch with our customer service team, or reach out to us through other means (such as through social media, or communicating with your booked Business Partner through us) we will collect information from you there too. Guests can also be asked to provide a review to help ensure future guests get exactly what they’re looking for. We will collect information from you included in your reviews, including your display name and avatar if you choose one.
There are also other instances where you’ll provide us with information. For example, if you’re browsing with your mobile device, you can decide to enable Luxiocollection.com to see your current location or grant access to your contact details – this helps us provide you with the best possible service and experience (for example, to see our city guides, the nearest restaurants or attractions to your location or other recommendations). Your user account, which allows you to save your personal settings, upload photos, review previous bookings or plan and manage future reservations or benefit from other features only available to account holders (such as incentives or other benefits we may offer).
Personal data you give us about others.
Of course, you might not simply be making a Reservation for yourself. You may be doing a Trip with other guests whose details you provide as part of the Reservation, or you may make a Reservation on behalf of someone else (make sure he/she is a member too).
However, at this point we have to point out that it’s your responsibility to ensure that the person or people you have provided personal data about are aware that you’ve done so, and have understood and accepted how Luxiocollection.com uses their information.
Personal data we collect automatically.
As long you are a member we collect data as your name, surname, date of birth, domicile and payment information.
Why does Luxiocollection.com collect and use your personal data?
The main reason we ask you for personal details is – it’s to help administer your online Trip Reservations and ensure you get the best service possible. We also use your personal data to contact you and to inform you of the latest deals and special offers and other products or services which we believe may be of interest to you. There are other uses too – if you’d like to find out what they are, read on for a more detailed explanation.
We use the information collected about you for various purposes. Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online Reservations. This includes sending you communications in relation to your Trip Reservation such as confirmations, modifications and reminders.
- Customer service: Sharing your relevant details, such as reservation information or information about your user account with our customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us.
- Account facilities: Luxiocollection.com members have a user account on our websites or apps. We use the information you give us to administer this account, allowing you to do a number of useful things. You can manage your Reservations, take advantage of special offers, make future Reservations easily and manage your personal settings. It can also allow you to see any reviews you have submitted. If you want, you can share certain information in your user account by creating a public profile that’s associated with either your own first name or a screen name of your choice.
- Online groups: We may enable users with an account to join and interact with each other through online groups.
- Marketing activities: We use your information for marketing activities. These activities include:
- Using your contact information to send you regular news of travel-related products and services. You can unsubscribe from email marketing communications quickly, easily and at any time – just click on the “Unsubscribe” link included in each newsletter or other communication.
- Based on your information, individualised offers may be shown to you on the Luxiocollection.com website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites/apps (including social media sites) and the content of the site displayed to you may be personalized.
- When you participate in other promotional activities (such as referral programs or conventions), relevant information will be used to administer these promotions.
- Communicating with you: There may be other times when we get in touch, including by email, by post, by phone or by texting you – which method we choose depends on the contact information you’ve previously shared with us. And we process the communications you send to us. There could be a number of reasons for this, including:
- Responding to and handling any requests you or your Reservations. Luxiocollection.com also offers guests and Business Partners various means to exchange information, requests, and comments about existing Reservations via Luxiocollection.com.
- We also send you other material related to your Reservations, such as how to contact Luxiocollection.com if you need assistance while you are away, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning or getting the best out of your Trip. We may also send you material related to upcoming Reservations.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Please see the information provided when you are invited to participate to understand what personal data is collected and how your personal data is used further.
- Improving our services: We also use personal data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to improve our services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services. The main goal here is to optimise and customise our online platform to your needs, making our site easier and more enjoyable to use. We strive to only use pseudonymised data for these analytical purposes.
- Promotion of a safe and trustworthy service: In order to create a trustworthy environment for you, your fellow travellers, Luxiocollection.com’s business partners and our Business Partners, we may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities. Similarly, we may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users and reservations. For such purposes, we may have to stop certain reservations or put on hold reservations until we have finished our assessment.
How does Luxiocollection.com share your data with third parties?
There are different parties integrated into the Luxiocollection.com services in various ways and for various reasons. The primary purpose is to share your data relevant for your Trip with the Business Partners to complete your Reservation. There are also other parties which can receive some of your data, which are parties we involve to provide you with our services. This includes for example – financial institutions, advertisers, subsidiaries of the Luxiocollection.com corporate family and other affiliates of the Luxio Holdings Ltd. corporate family or in some cases, if we are required by applicable law, governmental or other authorities. We do not sell or rent your personal data. Below we’ll go into more detail about how information you share with us is used and exchanged with these parties.
How does Luxiocollection.com process communications?
Luxiocollection.com can help you and the Business Partners exchange information and requests about their services and existing Reservations, directing the communications through Luxiocollection.com.
How does Luxiocollection.com make use of mobile devices?
We offer free apps through which we also collect and process personal data. This works in much the same way as our website, but they also allow you to use our location services.
How does Luxiocollection.com make use of social media?
The use of social media services may be integrated with the Luxiocollection.com services in various ways, which will involve us collecting some of your personal data or the social media provider receiving some of your information.
What security and retention procedures does Luxiocollection.com put in place to safeguard your personal data?
We observe appropriate and adequate procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data that we process.
We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, personal data.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we deem it necessary to enable you to use our services, to provide our services to you (including maintaining the online user account (if created)), to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities. All personal data we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement.
How does Luxiocollection.com treat personal data of children?
Unless indicated otherwise, Luxiocollection.com is a service you are only allowed to use if you are over 16 years of age. We only process information about children with the consent of the parents or legal guardians or when the information is provided to use by the parents or legal guardian.
The services offered by Luxiocollection.com are not directed at children under 16 years old. For children younger than 16 years old, the use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. In limited cases as part of a reservation, purchase of other travel-related services, or in exceptional other circumstances (such as features addressed to families), Luxiocollection.com may collect and use information of children only as provided by the parent or guardian or with their consent. If we become aware that we process information of a child under 16 years old without the valid consent of a parent or guardian, we reserve the right to delete it.
How can you control the personal data you have given to Luxiocolection.com?
You always have the right to review the personal data we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us to the email address stated below. If you want to find out more about your rights to control your personal data, read on here.
We want you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
- you can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- you can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you but, as explained below, you may be able to make such changes yourself;
- in certain situations, you can ask us to erase, or block or restrict the processing of, the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data; and
- in certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you have given us to a third party.
Where we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. Moreover, where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of to your personal data by contacting us.
If you have an online user account, you can access a significant amount of your personal data through our website/apps. Our website/apps generally present you with the option to add, update or remove information we have about you.
If any personal data we have about you is not accessible through our website/apps, you can send us your request at no cost. For any of your requests in regards to this Privacy Statement or if you have a complaint, please contact us by contacting our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data on the Booking.com website and apps?
Luxio Collection Ltd., located in London, United Kingdom, controls the processing of personal data on its websites and mobile apps.